Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Hosting Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
search engine finds wrong site

HI,

I just added a new site to Bravenet using wordpress. WordPress is loaded on Bravenet.

I have an old site on Bavenet that needed to be freshened up but I want to use the same domain name for the new site .
If I type in domain names directly INTO MY BROWSER I can access the new site, but when I use a search engine (Google for example), it finds and directs me to the old site.

I sense it is an index.html thing, but am unsure how to fix it.

Re: search engine finds wrong site

There seems to be a typo in your link, I get a "not found" message when I click on it.

Without knowing the timescale involved it is impossible to say if this is a problem or Google just taking a little time to catch up. Look at the date that it was last cached by Google. G will reindex sites based on how frequently they are updated. I have several sites, one which is updated a couple of times a month was indexed two days ago, one which is updated a couple of times a year was indexed 12 days ago,

No such site. But there is a charleswoodhawks.org/. I think the problem has cleared already. Searching for Charles Woodhawks, the first Google hit is a charleswoodhawks.org site that says: "Welcome to our new site". The second is for http://mmjhl.charleswoodhawks.org and says "We are getting a new site" or something like that.

It can take Google a while to search, index, and properly rank content, and it's based on activity and traffic.

Thanks for looking at this,,,it seems like it was a timing thing,,,,,never knew it would be that way,,,,,,it's good to see the forum folks there to assist! Thank you!