Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Hosting Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Goodbye, fellow forum helpers

Bravenet appears to have blocked my IP address in the forums because I gave some constructive criticism here about the new File Manager design. Cleared my cookies, still blocked, so it must be my IP address.

If I try to make a follow-up comment or start a new topic I get a notice saying spam was detected and my comments would not be posted.

I had to switch to a different IP address just to post this.

Or did they institute a one comment per day policy? Don't recall it happening in the past. Calling your customers spammers just for trying to post a follow up comment is insulting.

Wow, way to treat a 9-year customer. I won't be helping anyone here in the future. You are on your own now. Good bye fellow forum helpers. Remember, post only positive feedback.

Re: Goodbye, fellow forum helpers

I have had a few posts rejected as spam as well but no trouble over my IP address. Your post about File Manager is still there so I doubt if censorship is at work.

Could be that Bravenet were blocking a range used by a real spammer and yours was in the middle. I had that problem with another forum which would come and go every time a blip in my rather shaky rural power supply caused the router to reboot. Do you have a fixed IP or is it reassigned if the router has been switched off?

I have never been able to work out what the triggers are but it is more common on longer replies. Trouble is that when somebody has a complex query it becomes difficult to give it the reply that it deserves.

Now this post is at a dangerous length - lets see what happens

Thanks for the info Peter.
My IP address changes everytime my Router re boots and I wondered why

My IP address changes everytime my Router re boots and I wondered why

UK and US are different, I belive that most Americans have an IP that relates to their location at town if not street level. In the UK addresses are allocated from a pool every time you make a fresh connection. Back in dial up days ISPs worked on the assumption that they wouldn't get everybody logging in at once.