Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Hosting Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Counter not showing up

I see that there was a new update with Bravehost as the fonts look different while working on the Website Wizard.

One change that I have noticed is the hit counter I have on the home page shows up when I do the Preview of the site, but after Publishing the site, it no longer shows up on the bottom left.

Are my hits still being counted?

Why aren't they being displayed?

I have not changed the code in the page from yesterday, when it worked fine.

Please assist.

Re: Counter not showing up

I have just looked at your site so check the counter and see if my visit is recorded.

If not then raise a ticket. I believe that Bravenet want to retire the Wizard and it isn't being kept in line with the latest changes to browsers and operating systems.

Unless you've changed something since posting, I believe the problem is that the counter doesn't show up in your browser.
There is a counter at the bottom left. It went from 79756 to 79757 when I reloaded the page.

I did a support ticket and they fixed it for me. Thanks!

Counter does not show up with either IE or Chrome
http://sharpeningmadeeasy.com/index.htm
I have re-cut and pasted the code and uploaded the new page.
Refreshed my cache. No luck. Suggestions?

It is showing up perfectly fine as far as I can tell. It's right below the "There's several interesting discussions on Yahoo" block.

I see it too. Have you disabled javascript in your browser?

Thank you Ross and Peter,
Good lead. As far as I can tell, Jave is installed, up-to-date, and enabled in both browsers.
Maybe it is suppressed at some higher level. I will keep looking.
BTE, it shows okay on my wife's laptop using Seamonkey.

javaSCRIPT not java. Despite the similar names these are as different as Paris Texas and Paris France.

Dispabline javascript is a security option in your browser

Got it, JavaScript. It is enabled in Chrome. I am not sure in IE.