Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Hosting Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
domain

I am interested in registering a domain name. Even if I fill out the form and regisdter it, do I own the name myself or does the company (i.e.bravesites) own the name if I want to use it somewhere else in the future?

Email  
Re: domain

You buy it and its yours to use wherever

Thank you. Now I have to try and figure how to get it back. I registered it through webs.com and when they raised my premium I dropped them. I want to use it on Bravesites but they are saying it is unavailable. It is not a name anyone else could use anyway. Might have to change from .com to .net . It is just frustrating. Oh!! Where do I make the purchase? Can I do it here? Thanks again!

Email  

Your domain is unavailable because you probably have it locked with your existing user

If not then log in to bravenet and select domain and purchase

I cant get an answer from webs.com and when I try to find a place to unlock it, it is not there. Not a good place to do business if anyone else reads this. There are also a lot of glitches and re-booting on the webs.com site. I would stay away if possible. My opion. They also bill you automatically for the highest service they have without asking. I dropped them for that reason. Just would like to get my dot com so I can move on.

Email  
Re: domain I want to rename my damain. from www.stillcruisin to www.fabulous 50's & 60's .com, i o

Quote: Cowboy
I am interested in registering a domain name. Even if I fill out the form and regisdter it, do I own the name myself or does the company (i.e.bravesites) own the name if I want to use it somewhere else in the future?

Re: domain I want to rename my damain. from www.stillcruisin to www.fabulous 50's & 60's .com, i o

I want to rename my damain. from www.stillcruisin to www.fabulous 50's & 60's .com, i own the domain. can someone help me,its important

well what do I do ,do I have to register the new domain

One domain = one name.

A different name is a different domain.

As Peter said, domain registrations are separate and distinct. To acquire a new domain name, you must purchase it.

Good