Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Forum: Web Hosting Discussions
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Bravenet Hosting is SLOW! What's going on?

What's going on Bravenet? For 2 days now our website has been slow in displaying text, photos and our pro hosted Forum is even slower to display and when it does it goes offline.

What's going on?

I even had a hard time getting into this Bravenet Support Forum. I can't even open a darn support ticket.

Bravenet atleast tell us that you are experiencing tech issues. Tell us something don't just leave us hanging.

Also whenever Bravenet has tech issues why is it that we never receive credit towards our account?

Re: Bravenet Hosting is SLOW! What's going on?

What checks have you done to pin the problem down to Bravenet? You have a huge number of images on that home page hosted on at least half a dozen different sites.

Hi Danny,

We are not aware of any current issues with Bravenet. But if you are still have problems beyond the malware you mentioned in your support ticket can you please let us know so we can look into it.

Thanks,
Courtnie

The site is not working in a reasonable manner. It is super slow and times out frequently when trying to access features.
I am able to access any other website on the Internet without any trouble which means Bravenet has problems.
Please advise.

Murray Pletsch

Email  

First, in the future please create a new discussion instead of attaching to someone else's old post from three years ago. Thanks.

I just edited a page on my paid hosting Bravenet site minutes ago and didn't experience any unusual slowness, and I did it on public wifi. I even downloaded an htm file of the page to my desktop and that went okay (3 MB). I don't have a forum on my site though and I don't use the templates. I write my own code to blank pages.

Maybe the slowness you experienced was temporary. Systems are being attacked by hackers all over the world at any given moment, so that could have been a reason. Or maybe the tech department was doing some maintenance, or something on your computer was updating that affected features only applicable to your Bravenet pages. Make sure you don't have a javascript blocking tool installed in your browser that is accidentally set to block scripts on your Bravenet pages. Try another computer if you have one.

I hope it's working better for you now.

Jim

Quote:

I am able to access any other website on the Internet without any trouble which means Bravenet has problems.

OR it could be down to any other site that you are hot linking content from or it could be down to your own site design. A link would help.