Return to Help Center

Welcome to the Bravenet Help Forums. Here you can chat and meet other Bravenet Members. Please do not post advertisements.

Web Hosting Discussions
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Text Editor code problems

I've been using the Website Wizard for 7 years. It's been a great site builder and learning tool, but I've outgrown it now as I want to make some changes to my site(s) that are not possible in the Wizard Visual or Code Editors. I thought I was 'advancing' by using the Text/Visual Editor instead, but that's brought more problems. First, I opened the Text Editor, added an image, and saved it before realizing the Editor had deleted the bottom half of the page code. Luckily I had saved the original code and was able to restore it. Then when I opened the Text Editor later, it had inserted strange characters into a link, making the link, which had previously worked fine, to not work. Now if I want to keep the site with the new image, I cannot go back to using the Wizard, yet I cannot have the code disappearing and changing. ...Also, it would be helpful if there was a 'preview' in the Text/Visual Editor!

Re: Text Editor code problems

CORRECTION - This is happening in the VISUAL Editor, not the Text Editor, sorry. Happened twice again. The visual editor deletes code. The Text editor is fine.