Since 1998...

Play chess with people from all around the world!

Chess Book Store - Correspondence Chess Books, Tournament Booklets and More!

Contact Admin |  TCCMB-A |  TCCMB-B |  Friends of TCCMBCompleted TCCMB Exhibition Matches  
The Correspondence Chess Place |  The Campbell Report |  Ralph Marconi's Chess Pages  | Interactive Fiction
 TCCMB Photo Album/Contact List | Chess Webmaster Tools | ICCF WebChess Server  | CNN Headline News

TCCMB Chess Quote of the Week
"It is astonishing how much hot water a master can wade into in the first dozen moves, despite a century of opening study."    
William Napier

Pending TCCMB Exhibition Matches!  |  TCCMB FAQ/Terms of Use |  Visit CC.COM's Online Store!

TCCMB Video (Windows Media Player)

Hey - We're all at the other forum - come and join us!

Welcome to TCCMB. First time users - see the FAQ/Terms of use. In order to post here, you need the password.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Just a little statistics

You introduce a new site and tell everyone to check it out or else not get a vote...and then when they do you claim that means they prefer it? Simpler answer...most people who did not design the site AND have jobs have only enough time for one site and are checking out the new one. Note that 2 of the top 3 posters at the new site - excluding you and John who are Admins - don't like the experience! Of the top 5 non-Admin posters (and those 5 plus the 2 Admins are 90%+ of the use it looks to me), 2 dislike, one likes, 2 no real opinion so far. Jury seems to be out I would say.

Hi Ken,

Don't be worried. Both versions will function during the two coming months.
Everyone has the freedom to visit and post on both places.

The little statistics I published don't tell too much but, when corrected for the two Admins (60 postings less on the new version and 18 less for the old one) the ratio becomes [newest values taken]: 193-60=133; 36-18=18; ratio=133/18=7.4 instead of 184/27=6.8.
Maybe your and Ken's reasoning was not so solid after all.

Next to that the number of members that haven't posted yet. Do you know many "members" of this board have become a password? I have a complete list of them: 115. How many of them have posted recently? That low % would also be a cause to be worried about, even more so than the % of new members who haven't posted yet.

And don't be worried about the poll either. It's more righteous to do the poll on both boards in order to prevent a bias toward one side. The only problem will be to prevent multiple votes from the same person, but I am sure we will have solved that problem at that time. It's absolutely not our goal to chase away any regular poster from TCCMB. We have a solid community and care for every member of it.

In the mean time: enjoy the message board(s) of your choice. Stir up discussions as much as you like, I would love it. You know that.
But don't become too personal when contradicted. Always try to discuss the matter and not the person. This applies for every poster, of course.
And the ultimate goal must be that the outcome of our discussions may contribute to better solutions within chess and, if possible, as good relationships as possible for the members who meet each other here or there.

Best wishes,
Wim

The good, the bad... - by Peter Coleman - May 4, 2007 9:51pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

FAQ/Terms of Use |  Chess Limericks |  Guestbook |  TCCMB Links | |  Play Java Blitz Now!