Return to Website

Feel free to post your Q’s & recipes

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi!!!

Hi All,
I just dropped in to say thank you Lior. I have been enjoying your emails now for well over a year but have never written to you. I am Canadian but am now living in the UK and hoping to visit Israel in the not so distant future.
I tried a hot and spicy carrot dish in an Israeli restaurant in Toronto some years back and have tried in vein to duplicate it without even coming close. It is served cold with pita bread and hoummus on the side. It is carrot round that have been cooked and are marinated in a spicy tomato type sauce. I do not know the name of them as all that was marked on the menu was spicy carrots. Would you have any idea of the recipe for this I would so very much appreciate it.
Thanks Lior and do keep up the great work. The new site is wonderful!!!!
Ellen

Re: Hi!!!

Hi Ellen

what you are refering to is the north african (maghreb) carrot salad

400 gr'carrots
3 chopped garlic cloves
salt & sugar (pinch)
Lemon Juice
1/2 teas Cayenne pepper
1/4 teas Cumin
chopped parsley (op)

Scrape the carrots and slice. Cook in a little water with garlic and a pinch of salt and sugar, for 15 minutes. Drain and chill. Just before serving, cover with lemon juice, aobut 1/4 teaspoon salt, cayenne and cumin. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Let me know when you will come to Israel

Lior

Hi Lior,
Thank you so very much for the recipe. I will try it out as soon as Passover is finished.
Is there anyway of getting copies of the recipes you post on the site or do I have to continue to write them out one by one?
I certainly will let you know if and when I may finally make it to Israel. A life time dream so far.
Thanks again for your help it is very appreciated.
Happy Holidays
Ellen

why not type it?