Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marshalls Required for ATC Race

Will help out 0876756766

If not working that day I will help out for sure. Response seems slow to this request for helpers.

Maybe the committee could bring in a rule about members marshaling? This will be our 6th race in two years to have organised (4 Aquathons and 1 Triathlon done).

How many people have never marshalled or how many competed in all our 5 previous events? Those people need to be involved on the day helping out at this race. Without a big dig out from Shannonside CC last year we would have had no race!!! 50 people is less than one third of the club membership.

Adrian and the committee are putting a huge effort into organising the race so please make life easy for them by putting your name down to help out on the day. Many clubs don't allow their own members race in their own club race but raffle some places and make everyone else marshall .

Sacrificing one day of racing in the year is not a lot to give up for helping at your own club race!!!

i will help out on race day if i am not working. phone no is 0873026705

Yes, it's a bit quiet in here - but unless members expect to be on the moon or somewhere I'm sure they'll all help out where needed. To ensure committee members don't lose sleep from worrying it would help if people put their hands up just to say they're available on the day.

Although out of courtesy it would seem right that members who wish to compete in Club races should ask permission from the Race Director first, no doubt exceptions could be made for previous winners who wish to defend their titles.

As for me, I've already been assigned a task by the Race Director - and no, it's not to brief the swimmers... just smile when you see me

As I mentioned at the track Marcus, please put my name down for marshalling. I will also have a friend with me.
R

Stick me down to help out too.

Des

me too. i will have 1 or 2 others aswell

I've already explained to Adrian that I am due to go away on family holidays on Aug 15th. However, it is not yet certain (the fact that Leaving cert results are out that week seems to be a threat) and if I am around on the day I would be delighted to help out.

I should be here that weekend so you can put me down

I will also help out if i can get a few hours of work.

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com