Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CLUB AQUATHONS 22nd & 29th JUNE

Hi All,

Wednesday the 22nd and 29th June see Athlone Triathlon Club host our annual club aquathons.

The race will consist of a 750m swim followed by a 4.2km run on the Coosan Point Road. This year we are also having a second race which will consist of a 200m swim followed by a 4.2km run on Coosan Point Road. Hopefully this will encourage more entrants.

We will be accepting entries for RELAY TEAMS for the Aquathons.
One race number per relay team will be handed out. The letter 'R' will be marked clearly on the race number and a separate section in transition will be provided for Relay Teams.

We ask that the race number be passed from the swimmer to the runner in transition so race belts for the relay teams will be essential for a quick change over.
It would also be appreciated if the swimmer did not complete the run as it will make the job of putting results together tougher and we will be under time pressure as prizes need to be given out on the night.

Bad news is the relay teams are €5 per person (€10 team) and the usual TI membership & One Day Licence rules apply so each team member must have one of the above.

Details are as follows:

Race location: Coosan point

Date: 22nd & 29th June

Race Briefing: 7:00pm

Race Start Time: 7:15pm

Cost: €5

One day licences are available on the day

Refreshments afterwards in the Lough Ree Inn.

Also, this year we continue the inter-club competition between Midland Triathlon Club and Athlone Triathlon Club.

Re: CLUB AQUATHONS 22nd & 29th JUNE

Hi there, can I just turn up on the day, no pre registration? I am a TI member..

Cheers

Re: CLUB AQUATHONS 22nd & 29th JUNE

Hi, it was my first aquathon in Athlone and I want to say a thousand thanks for grate organization and nice atmosphere for people witch organized a race and sandwich bar after race. Next week I will came againe.

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com