Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Half-ironman

Congratulations to our new half ironmen Woof, Flash, Dave Martin and Marcus Madden who completed Tri an Mhi today in very difficult conditions and very respectable times.

Prelim times to date are:
Woof: 5:23hrs
Marcus: 5:28 approx
Dave: 6:04
Gordon: 6:06
Winners time: 4:36

Well done guys, welcome to the world of the endurance triathlete!

Re: Half-ironman

I was up there today spectating and without doubt the toughest conditions I have ever seen. The lads did incredible in fairness. Marcus` 2.45 bike split and Jims 1.35 1/2 marathon were unreal. The times the lads posted were exceptional given the savage conditions...45 kmph headwind + rain!!!! Fair play to ye lads!

Well done lads! Respect.

Great results lads.....sounds like it was a seriously tough day. Well done to ye all.

Charlie

Well done lads. Fair play to ye all.

Well done guys. Fair dues to ye!

well done boys

Well done ALL, i can't believe that Jim improved a lot especially run course once again well done Lads

well done all

Great times, well done lads!

Well done everyone, great achievement!

very well done lads

Yeah, some achievement - and in the teeth of a gale too!

Thanks everyone. It was a great race and the Tri an Mhi club deserve great credit for organising it so well. I'd definitely recommend the race to anyone who would like a nice 'tester' at the start of next season

I'd like to thank Charlie Naughton and Dave Warby for their help with the swim. Never thought I would swim 1900m in open water especially in windy conditions. To those training for Half IM Galway with the lads: stick to the plan and you will hit your target comfortably and you will not be wiped out after the swim leg. To those not training under the lads for Galway or other events: start training under them!!!!

Clink on the link below for the Tri An Mhi report on the race.

Welldone guys, great achievement by all!

Thanks very much to everyone, and thanks for all the good luck wishes before the race... A fantastic race and well done to Tri an Mhi for such a well co-ordinated race, they even managed to get the sun out for the finish... As Gordon already mentioned a huge thanks to Charlie and Dave for enabling me to complete the swim leg in a time i could not have achieved otherwise... Still thawing out since the race and when i do i'll have a full race report beginning from the decision to register to the aftermath!!!!

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com