Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Malin2Mizen Training Spin Sunday 15th May??

Hi All,

Hope all well. First of all, congrats to all who completed the Tour of Sligo on Sunday in very testing conditions. It turned out to be a severe test and anyone that got through Sunday should be in great shape for M2M.

I'm strongly advising all M2M hopefuls to attend the SSCC Tour of Heartlands this Sunday. The longer spin is 146km which is SHORTER than day1 and day2 of M2M. Details are as follows:

The 2011 Tour of the Heartlands will take place on Sunday 15th May. This is a leisure cycle (short event) and sportif cycle (longer event after the split) consisting of two route options – 65 km and 146 km.

Both rides will start from the Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone at 9.30am. Sign-on for both events will take place from 8.30am-9am. Entry fee is €15 for riders who are members of Cycling Ireland. If you are not a member of Cycling Ireland, 1 day licences will be available for an additional €10.

As the Sligo Tour pace was a bit frantic at times, if required, I'd be happy to organise a M2M group at target speed on this tour on Sunday?? Let me know what ye think.

After Sunday, there are only 8 weekends left so I think people really should be up to this distance at controlled pace.

Won't be long now..........

Dave

Re: Malin2Mizen Training Spin Sunday 15th May??

Yes I think it would be a gud idea for M2M gang to do spin on Sunday.

If my calculations are correct the 146k option is also shorter than the 'handy' 3rd day of M2M!!!

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com