Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Club Aquathons.

The committee met yesterday evening, and it is with regret, and due to personal reasons, that our very hard working and wonderfully enthusiastic fellow member, Grainne, has made the decision to stand down as club secretary and organiser of our club aquathons which are to take place on 22nd and 29th June.
Aileen O Reilly has graciously taken over the role of club secretary.
However, we now need somebody to take over the lead role in running the aquathons.
As I understand it, the majority of the organisation for these events has already been completed to date.
Grainne is keen to provide any assistance she can to whoever takes up this role.
Unfortunatly, I myself am not going to be available on those dates, and the remaining committee members are also unable to take on this job.
I know it is a big ask at this stage, but I would hope that some member, or group of members together, would take on this important task, otherwise we run the risk of the events not going ahead.
If anyone is willing to take on this role, please contact myself or any other committee member.
Thanking you,
Mick.

Re: Club Aquathons.

Thanks to Grainne for all her hard work for the club during the past few years. She is a genuine 'doer' and got through an amount of work for the club and definitely leaves the position of secretary in good stead.
Best of luck to Aileen who is a brilliant replacement.

As race organiser for the Aquathons and Lough Ree Monster Sprint Triathlon last year I will be glad to help out whoever takes up the role of organising the Aquathons. Grainne has carefully completed and submitted the race plans to Triathlon Ireland so it will be a 'paint by numbers' exercise for the new organiser. The paper work is done basically.

The most critical element really will be making sure there are enough marshalls. The biggest mistake last year was having too many of our own members racing our own races as opposed to marshalling them. Many other clubs don't let their own members (or just a small number of them) race in their own club races.

It would be great if those who raced in both Aquathons and the Monster Sprint Triathlon last year would help marshall some of the races this year. The same reliables did the majority of this work last year and in fact without the help of Shannonside Cycling Club the bike route of the Monster Sprint Triathlon could not have happened safely. This is in spite of the fact that ATC had at least double if not triple the number of members of SSCC last season.

Hi,
You can put myself and Kenny's name down to help out in the arranging of the club aquathons.
Jackie (0879015631)
Kenny (0872548250)

Well done Grainne for all the work to date and good luck to Aileen. I think I can speak for SSCC that you will have the same or more help as last year from us, as needed, on the two nights.

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com