Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday morning run sessions

I've been asked to remind you all about the sessions at the AIT on Saturday mornings - 9.45am.

These are held on the cross country trail which I understand measures in at about 1.3 - 1.4km's per loop, so runners can do as many (or indeed as few) circuits as they fancy and at whatever pace suits. It's easier on the joints than either the road or track and I'm assured that the undulating course also helps build up core strength.
G.

Re: Saturday morning run sessions

I was slow of the mark on this session but I want to really say to people that it is a great session. Lots of the triathlons have trail runs and some hills. If you stick with it there will be improvements.

But, and there is always a but. People have to turn up so that people can run together of the same ability and push each other along.

The season is nearly upon us and this is a great opportunity to get a good session in, give it a try for a few weeks and watch times improve.

Those that have been doing it please reply to the post letting other people know how they have improved.

CARPE DIEM

Yes, these sessions make a pleasant change from road runs and are only as tough as you want to make them. If more people turn up it's then of more benefit for those of similar ability.

As for me, I've been unavoidably absent recently (I'll have to stop racing at weekends) but hope to resume trail running in a couple of weeks.

With the Tri season nearly upon us perhaps this could be made part of a brick session!

See you there

good to see your positive posts Norm and Steve - not only is the venue excellent for strength and endurance training, it provides an opportunity for runners of all abilities to get together on a social level also.
The lap distance being used is approx 1,450 mts. 7 laps comes in at just over 10K.
Underfoot conditions are excellent at the moment,and despite the course being somewhat undulating and twisty, your runs can be of any intensity or distance you choose.
As regards brick sessions, this was something I actually was considering. I suggested at a committee meeting last night that if there is enough intrest I would organise a "training" off road duathlon later in the season, followed by one of our infamous social evenings.
Here's hoping more of you will make an appearance at what is an official club training session.
Keep up the hard work-
Mick.

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com