Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Aid Course

Afternoon all. I've been contacted by a member of the Midland Triathlon Club who is an ambulance paramedic and qualified first-aid instructor. He has kindly offered to instruct any interested ATC members in a first aid course designed specifically for Triathlon.

I know he recently held the same course for MTC and I heard very positive feedback from those who attended. It now means that on each of their group spins, run sessions etc.... MTC always have a qualified first-aider and presumably you don't need me to outline the obvious benefits to that. I think it would be great if as many of our members as possible were similarly equipped to deal with any accidents which might occur during training/racing and would therefore recommend that we as a club, take him up on the offer.

As I understand it, the course is run over a number of Saturdays and the cost is dependant on numbers who attend but regardless of numbers, the cost is significantly less than that of other such courses being run as a business/profit-making exercise.

Before reverting to him with any commitment, I need to gauge interest levels, so am asking that anyone who would be interested in attending please post here so that I can establish whether it's a runner or not.

At the risk of repeating myself, I think it's a great idea and a must for anyone who takes their own safety and the safety of others seriously.
G.

Re: First Aid Course

I would be very interested in doing the first aid cOurse. Put me down for doing it please you never know when you might need the kiss of life .

Grainne, I'd like to do this too. I just don't want to practice the kiss of life with The Dabbler though . . .

Any other takers? Surely in a club with well in excess of 100 members, there are more than 3 who'd like to know what to do in the event of an accident?!
G.

OK Grainne, you can put me down as number 4.
Just hope I don't faint at the sight of blood....again!

Grainne,
I would be interested in the first aid course aswell. Something like that will always some in useful, especially for our own duathlons and triathlons.
Regards,
Darren

Grainne, you can definately add my name to the list,great opportunity to learn some invaluable skills.

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com