Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hills for Cycling

Hi,

Im just wonderin if there is any long hills nearby to athlone for bike training.

Im looking for some climbs lasting 5-10 min. If anyone knows any Id appreciate the info.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Hills for Cycling

I am told that the 'cut' over in clonaslee below tullamore is a challenging hill course a few miles long.

Thanks Aidan!!

Yes, The Cut is a good hill but keep going over the hill and down the far side to a T junction and turn right to Kinnitty. That hill is a REAL heart breaker, it just goes on and on, up and up

Having had to miss last Sunday's spin I did a bit of secret hill training there instead -- just as well Tadi put a new chain on my bike beforehand!

There are shorter, gentler hills nearer Athlone but nothing to compare with the Sliamh Blooms.

A fella once told me there are no hills in Ireland!!

What is a hill??? and while I'm at it what is wind???

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com