Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Galway 70.3

Hi,
Just tried to enter the Galway 70.3 and individual entry is closed (since last night). So if anyone knows of someone who has booked a place and is not taking part, can you let me know, as I'm very interested in taking part.
Thanks a mill.

Re: Galway 70.3

Can't believe entries are closed as was going to register too! I have emailed them and asked what the position is with waiting list etc and will let you know.
A

Entries is NOT closed but is closing.
Information below from www.ironmanireland.com

Individual entries will close when they reach 1,800 places or on Monday 28th February whichever comes first.

Hurry up people.

Its closed alright. Will be interested to see what reply Aaron receives.

Hi all,
I rang the event organisers and I was told that there is no waiting list. The 1800 entry includes the approx. 15% drop out. If the drop out is more than 15%, registration will open again to fill these spots.
I'm still optimistic tho!!

It is nothing short of a money making racket and it is actually really putting me off entering now!! You can still enter as an individual if you book an expensive travel package via Nirvana Travel which is an absolute joke. I have emailed the organisers expressing my total dissatisfaction with this and have asked them to reconsider their position as it is doing absolutely nothing for the Ironman brand in Ireland. I have stated that there are many local people who do not need to buy inflated travel packages as they are a short driving distance and have asked them to allow local clubs such as ours the opportunity to enter.
Will keep you posted!

A

Cheers Aaron, keep fighting the good fight . .

Hi Jackie,

Give me a call on 087 2034737 as soon as you can!
Emer

There's always the Tri An Mhi half Ironman in may if you're that interested... and €65 instead of €190.

Thanks for that James, it's only 2 weekends after my 1st Marathon and only 1 weekend after the Sligo Cycle so I'll have to skip that one, its looks great tho!

I have signed up for the half Ironman through Autism Ireland. Keith Duffy has organised a team of individual entrants who will represent the charity. The cost is €290, its quite steep but the charity have to pay €5000 entrance fee and the additional €100 is to cover those costs.
AND I'LL GET A PHOTO WITH KEITH DUFFY

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com