Welcome to the Athlone Triathlon Club Message Board
This Forum has been setup for discussing all things relating to ATC
Please read the Code of Conduct guidelines and be familiar with them.
They will be strictly enforced

Athlone Triathlon Club

NOTICE: Club Messageboard is currently full and not accepting new messages, please use new messageboard here

Athlone Triathlon Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday run

Meet at 9.45am at running track at A.I.T. Training starts 10.00 sharp. all levels.
Membership forms and subscriptions will be collected before training for anyone renewing or wishing to become club member.
See you there
Mick.

Re: Saturday run

Just a shout on the cross country/trail run course this morning. Firstly I have pains in my legs that I have never had before and thankfully I’m putting these down as good pains for time being. No doubt that the 1.4Km lap would test any runner. Depending on how you view these things, the course has very few flat areas and I think its fair to say that it is undulating for most parts with a “nice” steep mucky 20 meter hill.

Memories of the days when I started back running and the thoughts of running hills bring me a smile. Most athletes whether they be new to running, experienced road runners or track runners will find this course a challenge. Its doesn’t compare to running on a flat surface like the road or treadmill. Its probably for those reasons that you see the likes of Aileen Morison running cross country during the winter break from competing in Tri.

The run course is just a good way of improving your running strength and will become easier the more familiar you are with its hills, turns and distance.
Also the next time you see a bit – een of a hill on a tri course, know that you will have experienced a lot more in training and dare I say you will laugh at it.

Any way that’s just my bit of a schpeak – try it!

:::: FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT ::::

We created the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in our forums. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
* Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
* Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
* Comply with existing laws
* Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
* Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
Password Protected Forum for Club Members ONLY. To request a password Please E-mail athlonetriclub@hotmail.com