Alberni's Pet Pages

Welcome to the page dedicated to the many pet owners in the Port Alberni area.

Please feel free to post a message or question.

Alberni's Pet Pages
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off-leash dog park in Port Alberni

I'm wondering if anyone has any information about building an off-leash dog park in Port Alberni. There is a nice one in Nanaimo, which is maintained by their parks and recreation department I believe.

Any ideas?

Re: Off-leash dog park in Port Alberni

I agree there should be an off-leash park......maybe section off a part of Blair park??

I thought the grassy area beside the athletic hall might work. Not sure if it is used up by boat trailers during salmon fest though. The **** walkway is used by tons of dog owners, so it would be convenient.

There was talk of using some of the area behind the old mall, that had been filled in with dirt from across the road I think. Close to the SPCA.

Another option would be near the fall fair grounds somewhere.

I just speak with the City Manager. they says all People can unleashed at the ball park with the fence around it but the rules people make sure bring a plastic bag or poop scoop. they also can be unleashed at glenwood fall fair grounds. there also a few dirt area behind the old alberni mall and old glenwood Park can be use for dog too :)

Which ball park? I went to one beside Daly stadium and it was locked with a padlock.

I have a greyhound and he cannot be let off-leash without a fenced area.

Looking at moving to Port Alberni. Would like to know location of off leash dog parks.. Understand there is 2 and a 3rd to come. What are the locations and is one in the south Port Alberni area.