Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Ibbotson & Hannah Barker, Marriage 1866

George Ibbotson married Hannah Barker June Q 1866 Wortley. Trying to confirm George's father who I believe is a Richard Ibbotson? and wondering if anyone has any further details of the marriage record.

PS: according to census records George was born 1840 Cawthorne

Re: George Ibbotson & Hannah Barker, Marriage 1866

Hello David.

There is no father for George.

The name of father box has MARY IBBOTSON
The profession of father box has MOTHER.

I will send you an image of the certificate.

Anne

Hello

On Freereg there is a marriage at Ecclesfield on 27 Jan 1869.

George Ibbotson, 27, farmer of Bolsterstone, father Richard

married

Hannah Worrall, 22, of Ecclesfield, father Martin.

I can't find the marriage on FMP.

Anne

Hi Ann

Many thanks for the certificate, greatly appreciated.

Think I have found George Ibbotson with a widowed mother Mary Ibbotson on the 1841 aged 1 and the 1851 aged 11 both at Church St Cawthorne. So it seems his father died prior the 1841. GRO has a George Ibbotson born 1840 Wortley with a mmn as Hoyle ?

No help here either:
Sheffield Independent Saturday April 7 1866
Ibbotson— Barker.— April 1, at Stannington Church, by the Rev. W. Gill, Mr. George Ibbotson to Miss Hannah Barker.

George Ibbotson & Rose Mary Swain Marriage

Having just purchased digital copy of George Ibbotson born 1841 Wortley mmn Hoyle, can confirm that's the wrong one....According to the census Cawthorne did come under Wortley reg district ? is that correct.

Re: George Ibbotson & Rose Mary Swain Marriage

I think in 1837 Cawthorne was part of Ecclesfield Registration District.

In 1850, Cawthorne became part of Wortley.

Anne

On the 1841 HO107 1323/41 15 my George is in Cawthorne with his mother Mary and a Sarah Ibbotson aged 13 ( possible sister) I have found on family search there is a Sarah Ann Ibberson baptised 20 July 1829 Cawthorne to Frederic Ibberson & Mary Milner . There is also a Cawthorne marriage for a Frederic Ibberson & Mary Milner 26 Aug 1821. Wondering if Frederic & Mary Milner are George's parents but cannot find a link for them to George as yet, any help appreciated.

Who did George marry because you have gone from george to hannah to a George marrying a Rose.

Can you confirm please the last bit of info you know is true so we can psossibly start again as to which marriage we are concentrating on.

John

Hi John

Yes confusing...not sure what I did here? seems my last post which should have been linked to my George & Hannah title has crossed over to my George & Rose title.....

To confirm my last posting should be linked to the George Ibbotson & Hannah Barker and George's parents. Regards.

Re: George Ibbotson & Hannah Barker

Ok so I have changed it back and lets see what happens. On your posting before the mess up you say on the 1841 census there is your George so did you mean to is is my George or George was 15 years old living with Frederic and Mary and hence does that mean we are not looking for Richard.

george and Hannah on your tree you are 100% that is on your line because if it is I think it has got to be the obtaining of the marriage certificate.

I think we need to go forward one generation then work back again just to be on the safe side

A prime example I have just looked at a tree i am doing and found a huge mistake after all these years eek.

John

PS I am not criticising your work

Re: George Ibbotson & Hannah Barker

Hi John

No criticism taken. Let me check it through and will get back. Regards