Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: James Edward Sharman

Im now back from Brazil, when I have got acclimatised I will go through this posting thoroughly and see if I can find any more info out from my notes at homecould be a few days though before I do so.

Hi Darren, This is very confusing on the 1911 census it shows him married to Marry Ellen, but the marriage shows his name as James Albert Sharman.
James Albert Sharman
Groom
England, Yorkshire, Parish Registers, 1538-2016

Marriage 3 August 1896 Brook Hill
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Birth 1872

Parents Albert Sharman
Spouses Martha Ellen Lodge

Hello everyone,
To add to Barry's find. On this site under burials, JAMES EDWARD SHARMAN and MARTHA ELLEN SHARMAN are recorded as such.
James would not be the first prospective spouse to not be thinking straight on their wedding day, he was probably thinking of his father Albert when he gave his name as James Albert.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Alice Maude Mary Sharman born 1878 mother unknown.

unable to find any other info on her regarding marriage death ofr on 1881 census

Any advice please be appreciated.

John

Quite a bit of information on Family Search for Alice Maude Mary Sharman. It includes her baptism at Brightside.

Elaine.

PS....Note that the Church could be St Thomas Upwell St Brightside.
The parishes seemed to have been re organized about 1877.

The baptisms is on this site.
October 5, 1879, by T Couch at *All Saints*, Brightside.
Parents name(s) are Henrietta & John Walter (Iron Moulder).

On Ancestry there are 9 trees. They show details of her birth, marriage(to Freer in 1904 Chesterfield)
Dave

Since no mother's maiden name on GRO could henrietta and John be not her true parents as I have found no trace of a henrietta sharman

I think a certificate is called for John.

Elaine.

PS this could be a lead......

You have to dig more John.

SHARMAN, Martha (of 6 Court Saville St East, born ~).
Baptised August 14, 1878, by J B Draper at All Saints, Brightside.
Parents name(s) are Fanny & John (Labourer).
Note: Aged 2 years 6 months

Good idea

Here is the illegitimate birth reg of Alice Maud Mary Sharman
SHARMAN, ALICE MAUD MARY -
GRO Reference: 1878 D Quarter in ECCLESALL BIERLOW Volume 09C

John Walter Sharman married Henrietta Udall in Sheffield in 1871. They had many (legitimate)children (see GRO and Baps on this site) One was birth Registered Lucy Maud but baptised Alice Maud.
John Sharman married Fanny Verney in Sheffield in 1869 and they had several legitimate children including Martha (see GRO and baps on this site)

Neither of these two couples are the parents of the illegitimate Alice Maud Mary Sharman.

Several trees on Ancestry show that Alice Maud Mary's mother was Eliza Sharman born 1859 in Wortham , Suffolk.
Eliza married Heber Elliott in 1881. Heber and Eliza are on the 1881 Census. Alice is also on the 1881 census nearby with Eliza's parents William Sharman and his wife Mary Ann nee Bush. If you follow Mary Ann to the 1891 census (now a widow)you close the loop because Heber and Eliza are with her as are ALICE ELLIOTT (12) and some younger Elliott children.
It all ties together that Eliza Sharman b 1859 Wortham (Suffolk) was mother of Alice Mary Maud.
There is a baptism for Eliza in Wortham in 1859 and it looks like she was birth registered without a first name. She, her brother and sister check out on the censuses
SHARMAN, FREDERICK BUSH
GRO Reference: 1858 S Quarter in HARTISMERE Volume 04A Page 447

SHARMAN, - BUSH
GRO Reference: 1859 D Quarter in HARTISMERE Volume 04A Page 472

SHARMAN, ANN MARIA BUSH
GRO Reference: 1861 J Quarter in CHESTERFIELD UNION IN THE COUNTY OF DERBY Volume 07B Page 547

Dave

Thanks for that Dave so I can cross that off my list. Im working evry day now for the next 9 days so my postings on here might be few but I shall did out my Sharman notes, remove the dust,and see wif there is any more info I have but you haven't. some decendants of Sam Hutchinson Sharman are still alive and as I said earlier its a hush hush but I shall see if I can craftily get some more info before they depart as they are all quite old.