Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help with Death information

After a very quick look at it I would say its a mashed up Burial Entry.

Where did you get it from?
It looks as if they were Catholics.
When did Joseph Walter die?

Surbiton St is certainly Sheffield.

Have you checked on FreeBMD as you have given no dates.

Elaine.

Hi Elaine, It's on Find a Grave, Yes the family lived on Surbiton St, most of their lives. Because her husband Josephs details say Herries Rd, I was thinking is this a place,or was Maria ill and was taken in by some sort of church. below is details of the grave /Sister Trevethi is in Maria details

Maria Bunting BIRTH 1875, DEATH 23 May 1950 (aged 74–75)
BURIAL Tinsley Park Cemetery Sheffield,

Gravesite Details
Age: 75, : wife of Joseph Walter, Abode: 37 Surbiton St/Sister Trevethi, District: Sheffield, Death date listed may be the interment date

Joseph Walter Bunting
BIRTH 1877, DEATH 19 Sep 1950 (aged 72–73)
BURIAL Tinsley Park Cemetery

Gravesite Details
Age: 73, Occupation: labourer, Abode: 27 Surbiton St/2 Herries Rd, District: Sheffield, Death date listed may be the interment date

Hi

There was a nursing home at Broomhall run by Sisters Marjorie and Christine Trevethick ??

Denise

Joseph Walter Bunting buried 19 Sep 1950

Maria Bunting buried 22 May 1950

Fred (son of Joseph) buried 17 Nov 1909 aged 3 months

Ida (dau of Joseph) buried 30 Oct 1910 aged 4 years

when the children died they were living at 25 Melville Road

They are all buried in Section X plot 97 of Tinsley Park Cemetery

John

Denise, I think you've got it, Surbiton St is her home, and the other is where she died.
Do you know where I can look for further information on this nursing home.

John brilliant bit of info, I didn't know about the children in the grave.

thankyou to you both

Hi Lorraine,
Following up on Denise's find. There are two messages on Sheffield Forum website that refer to Sister's Christine and Marjorie Trevethick Nursing Home at 36 & 38 Broomhall Place, Sheffield (can also be seen on Picture Sheffield website).
The following is my research and taken mainly from Free BMD and has no confirmed certified backup.

Marjorie B:1893 Ecclesall Bierlow Died 1925 Sheffield.
Her sister Christine was born:1890 Ecc.Bierlow died:1857 Sheffield.
It appears they were both spinsters when they died.
I do not know if they had any affiliation with a church but they were biological sisters. Their parents were Samuel Hutchinson Trevethick (born Gainsboro') and Martha Ingham(born Ecc.Bierlow) (Martha's mother Christiana, had the maiden name of Riley but was born at Hackney Union.
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

This was still in existence in 1937. It was the place of death of John Charles Stringer, founder of the Wincobank Steel Works - Stringer & Co. (Sheffield) Ltd. His death notice in Sheffield Independent gives "Sister Trevithick's Nursing Home" and his probate registration "died 18 November 1937 at 36 Broomhall Place..."

Both TrevIthick sisters were at that same address in 1921 census and Christine was still there in 1939 register, where on FMP she is (understandably) transcribed as Christine TREVELHIDE. The address is described as a Medical home.
Dave

The most recent burial I can find from this institution was in 1970 (from the Loxley Chapel registers) so it must have lived on after the sisters died.

Hugh

The home was still in existence in 1973/73 in Kellys Directory as "Weston Lodge Nursing Home Ltd. (Sister Trevethick's)"

Denise

Hi Everyone,
EDIT:
Just noticed I made a typo in the suggested death of Christine Trevethick
It should have read 1957 not 1857.
(I am sure you all picked up on her death happening before her birth)
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

hi everyone thank you for all the info it all makes sense now :slightly_smiling_face: