Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JOHN ROGERS

Has Any one got any information regarding the first husband of Ann Marie France John Rogers he was born circa 1837 and married 02 - 12 - 1860 in the Sheffield Cathedral event year range 1860 - 1861 page 66 and must have died 1861 - 1862.his father is named as James Rogers on the marriage certificate.
Ann Marie France named as a widow married again to Joseph Wheatcroft on the 06 - 07 - 1863 in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 9c Page 227. v
I have search all the records I can find but no luck as to his birth or or death.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: JOHN ROGERS

Hi Fred,

Nice to see your name again.

I just looked at the 1841 census on our site and John Didn't come up which is strange.

Yet when I enter James *Rodgers* the family come up. James was a Pen knife Cutler.

Rodgers, John of Little Sheffield, Ecclesall Bierlow. Aged 4 years.
(Piece #1333/6, folio 21b, enumeration district 9.)

His mothers name was Mary.
If he was baptised at the Cathedral (didn't have much choice back then) He should come up in our database.

Elaine.

OR this from a baptism at the Cathedral.....

Rodgers, John (of Sheffield, born 1836-07-09).
Baptised July 31, 1836, by W F Wilkinson at Sheffield Parish Church, Church Street, Sheffield.
Parents name(s) are Ellen & James (Cutler).

Note the mothers name is different.

Elaine.

Is it possible that Ellen died before 1841 and James had remarried?

At the 1861 census Ann Marie and John Rodgers were living at 13 Earl Lane - John was a Doncaster born spring knife cutler. At number 11 were the rest of his family (all spring knife cutlers) with the surname Rodgers - his father Thomas 70 and wife Ann, brothers Samuel 38 and William 25. They had all been at Earl lane in 1851 also.

A John Rodgers aged 25 was buried at St Mary's on 6th April 1862 (according to "Sheffield & District Family History Society Transcriptions © Sheffield & District Family History Society")