Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arthur Bunting burial

Hi sorry for late replay I've had to work a couple of extra shifts and this is chance i've had to look at the replys

Hi John i'm not sure its her at all. In hind sight there is another Vera and this could be her.

Hi Lorraine, How sure are you he married Vera E Flavell in 1934 and not Vera Ashmore in 1934. I cannot find his birth on the GRO was he born in Sheffield?

Barry,

I am beginning to wonder if Arthur was a middle name just going to check the 1939 register.

John

There is an Arthur Bunting born 1912 in Doncaster, if the Vera is correct that Lorraine is interested in could it be that Arthur died during WWII and then Vera married a William Bunting who perhaps was related to Arthur. I have not found a Vera Bunting marriage to another Bunting but I suppose she could have married using Flavell again

Hi Lorraine

If your Arthur Bunting married Vera E Flavell, then there is a death for a Vera Elizabeth Bunting, Q1 1983 in Sheffield.

Her birth date is given as 7 Oct 1915.

On the 1939 register Arthur Bunting has birth date as 12 Nov 1912 (his birth date on his death record is 12 Nov 1911)
His wife Vera E Bunting has a birth date of 7 Oct 1916

Both birth dates are out by 1 year on the 1939 register, but that's not uncommon.

The Vera Bunting you found on our site died 3 July 1985, with birth date of 5 July 1905. So this is not the Vera who married Arthur Bunting.

I cant find a burial for Vera E Bunting in 1983 and none of us can find a burial for Arthur, so it could be that they were cremated?

Denise

Following on from Denise's excellent reply.........

Are you aware of FreeBMD and Sheffield Vol Number was 9c changing to 3 by 1983.

It makes it clearer to follow.

If indeed they were cremated have you tried City Road for them to check for you.

Elaine in Ottawa.

BUNTING, ARTHUR STEEL
GRO Reference: 1911 D Quarter in HASLINGDEN Volume 08E Page 241 Why he was born in Haslingden I do not know. But if you look at the marriage section on here for Joseph Walter Bunting it should be his family.

The Arthur Bunting born in Haslingden in 1911 was living in Sheffield on the 1921 census at Surbiton Street, his father was born in Sheffield so it must have been due to his job that he was in Lancashire for a time, when he came back exactly not sure.

If you look at the dates though they were away from Sheffield during WWI so I wonder if he moved his family away for safety as Sheffield was a prime target due to the steel industry.

John

Hi again
thank you for all your replies.

Denise you've got it spot on, I also have Arthur Bunting born 12 Nov 1912 & Vera Elizabeth Flavell born 7th Oct 1916, But I totally messed up on Vera's death ang grave. Missing the other Vera that died in 1983 altogether. Thankyou for sorting that out for me.

Barry, Joseph Walter Bunting is Arthur's father and Maria Steel his mom. When they married Joseph was living in Carbrook, Maria Darnall. The only Arthur I have found is on the 1911 census where Arthur Bunting age 6 month is an Inmate at what I presume is a workhouse, But that is a year earlier than his 1912 birth date on the 1939 census. although I have ancestary I don't have the 1921 census. If you do could you possibly send me the info on it.

HASLINGDEN, Lancaster? Well i'm stumped at that one. Most of his family are in Sheffield. Joseph Walter Bunting married Maria Steel in 1904 at Holy Trinity Darnall Sheffield.

Moving on to the 1911 census Joseph and Maria are living at Melville Road, Carbrook Sheffield. but I don't know what happened after that until 1939 when Joseph and family are in Attercliffe, and Arthur and Vera are at Shiregreen

On freeBMD there are 2 Arthur Buntings in 1910 Sheffield, and 1 in Doncaster 1912.
on 1911 census on ancestry there is an Arthur Bunting as a Inmate aged 6 mth
Sheffield .

I cannot get my head around this one at all. I hope it makes sense to you guys. If anyone has 1921 census for them and can forward it to me would be great.

I am so confused :thinking_face:

thank you for info John that really helped

Arthur's parents and grandparents all lived on Surbiton Street

is there any chance I could trouble you to send or email me the 1921 census
lorraine

Email sent Lorraine

Hi John

No email has come through. :slightly_frowning_face:

Lorraine,

I think there's a surplus 'w' in the email address you have attached to your messages in this thread

Hugh

email corrected

well spotted Hugh, Dont know how that happened.
Could someone resend it please
lorraine

Sent again last night.