Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arthur Bunting burial

Barry,

I am beginning to wonder if Arthur was a middle name just going to check the 1939 register.

John

There is an Arthur Bunting born 1912 in Doncaster, if the Vera is correct that Lorraine is interested in could it be that Arthur died during WWII and then Vera married a William Bunting who perhaps was related to Arthur. I have not found a Vera Bunting marriage to another Bunting but I suppose she could have married using Flavell again

Hi Lorraine

If your Arthur Bunting married Vera E Flavell, then there is a death for a Vera Elizabeth Bunting, Q1 1983 in Sheffield.

Her birth date is given as 7 Oct 1915.

On the 1939 register Arthur Bunting has birth date as 12 Nov 1912 (his birth date on his death record is 12 Nov 1911)
His wife Vera E Bunting has a birth date of 7 Oct 1916

Both birth dates are out by 1 year on the 1939 register, but that's not uncommon.

The Vera Bunting you found on our site died 3 July 1985, with birth date of 5 July 1905. So this is not the Vera who married Arthur Bunting.

I cant find a burial for Vera E Bunting in 1983 and none of us can find a burial for Arthur, so it could be that they were cremated?

Denise

Following on from Denise's excellent reply.........

Are you aware of FreeBMD and Sheffield Vol Number was 9c changing to 3 by 1983.

It makes it clearer to follow.

If indeed they were cremated have you tried City Road for them to check for you.

Elaine in Ottawa.

BUNTING, ARTHUR STEEL
GRO Reference: 1911 D Quarter in HASLINGDEN Volume 08E Page 241 Why he was born in Haslingden I do not know. But if you look at the marriage section on here for Joseph Walter Bunting it should be his family.