Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT

Has anyone found a death record for Ann Wheatcroft. She was born Ann France Jan - Mar - 1838 in Ecclesall Bierlow, Vol 22 Page 110 Married as Ann Maria France Jul - Sep - 1863 to Joseph Wheatcroft in Ecclesall Bierlow Vol 9c Page 227. in 1881 Joseph & Ann were living at 250 Rockingham Street, Ecclesall Bierlow. In 1901 Joseph was living as a boarder at 8/3 Buxton? street, Ecclesall (no marital status given). I have searched the Ecclesall & Sheffield death records without any luck.
My very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: ANN MARIA WHEATCROFT

Hi Fred

I know a number of us on the forum tried to help with this search back in 2021 and we couldn't find anything. We can have another try but it may end up being one of those unanswered questions.

It helps us with searching if you can mention in your posts that you have posted before, so we can search this site to see what was tried/found before.

Regards
Denise

In 1901 Joseph's address is in Boston St and he is listed as unmarried.

Hugh

Hi Fred,

Is this the marriage you quoted.

WHEATCROFT, Joseph (Bachelor, age 27, Table blade Forger, residing at Chester St).
Married Ann Maria FRANCE, on July 6, 1863, by George Sandford (Banns) at
St Jude, Eldon Street. Father's name is William Wheatcroft,deceased (Pocket blade Forger).
Married in the presence of James Mould (mark),Mary Morris (mark).
Notes: Bride signed with a mark.
Page No: 188 Reg No: 375

FRANCE, Ann Maria (Widow, age 25, Silver brusher, residing at Fitzwilliam St).
Married Joseph WHEATCROFT, on July 6, 1863, by George Sandford (Banns) at
St Jude, Eldon Street. Father's name is Jude France (Collier).
Married in the presence of James Mould (mark),Mary Morris (mark).
Notes: Bride signed with a mark.
Page No: 188 Reg No: 375

Does that tie in with what you know?
NOTE...... She is a Widow but her fathers name is Jude France.??????

Elaine.

She had a marriage to John Rodger in 1860 at SPC.
I believe she died prior to 1891.

Hi Elaine

Last time Fred posted it was discovered that Ann Maria was married before but then chose to give her maiden name for this 2nd marriage. So Jude France is correct for her father.

Denise

Thanks Denise for that reminder,

I believe she was alive in 1881 but by 1891 he is listed as a widow. His age is out a little and he was also called father in law. His occupation matches. He was living at Lansdown Rd.

Dont know if that adds anything to what we already dug out the last time.

Elaine.