Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fred Ibbotson & Alice Ann Parkin

George William Parkin born 1859, do you know where he was born and the name of his father?

1881 census. There is a Fred Ibbotson living on Walkley Lane with a father George and mother Mary.

It states Fred was born in 1876 but if you look at the family George was born in Penistone and some of the children born Barnsley one child was born in Ecclesfield which is not far from Oughtibridge (the birth place of Alice Parkin)

This might be a total red herring and if it is I apologise

What do you think?

John

Hi John S

Please don’t apologies but I don't think the 1881 is right?

My George William Parkin 1859 was born Oughtibridge. George's father seems more difficult!! George first marriage was to Martha Fairest 29 Jan 1883 and his marriage cert give fathers name as "Ann Parkin (spinster)" On the 1891/1901 they are at Officers Row & Stanley Fold Oughtibridge and the 1911 at Beeley Road Oughtibridge. Martha (Fairest) Parkin died 1914 and George married my great Aunt Jane Ibbotson (Stanley Fold) 10 June 1916 Oughtibridge. There marriage cert does show a father for George... difficult to read... but it looks like Henry a steel forgeman deceased

PS. Martha, George & Jane are on there headstone in Birtin Cemetery. GRO shows a George William Parkin 1859 Wortley but no mothers name.

Many thanks for the help