Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trevor Green Birth Record

Elaine, I am working on the assumption that because Trevor is not redacted on 1939 Register he should be no longer living.

The 1939 register shows Trevor Green (b 25.1.1938) in Penistone with his mother Dorcas Mary Green. It also shows that later (presumably 1940 when she married Charles Elsey) Dorcas officially changed her name ( for ID and Ration Book reasons) to ELSEY (in pencil).Trevor's name Green is also crossed out and changed to Elsey (in red so presumably not at the same time as his mother). So Trevor became Elsey later.
Note that because they were living in Penistone in 1939 we should not assume Trevor was born in Penistone. He may have been born elsewhere then returned to the family home in Penistone.

I wonder if this illegitimate double birth entry (q1 1938) is him:

Green George T H Green Rotherham 9c 1090
Green George T H Green Rotherham 9c see J40
(meaning his SECOND name was Trevor)

Then this marriage in Q2 1959 would fit the surname change.
ELSEY George T H SMITH Huddersfield 2b [9_]31

Seems like a perfect fit.
Dave

The "See J40 in the second birth entry for GEORGE H T Green fevers to a late entry made in JUNE Quarter 1940.
NOTE THAT DORCAS married Elsey in March Q 1940 so there is no doubt that George HTGreen was Trevor Green and he became George HT Elsey in June Q 1940
That late entry birth is on Free bmd . GEORGE H T Elsey mmn Green registered Rother Valley June Q 1940.
Dave

Dave T
The "See J40 in the second birth entry for GEORGE H T Green fevers to a late entry made in JUNE Quarter 1940.
NOTE THAT DORCAS married Elsey in March Q 1940 so there is no doubt that George HTGreen was Trevor Green and he became George HT Elsey in June Q 1940
That late entry birth is on Free bmd . GEORGE H T Elsey mmn Green registered Rother Valley June Q 1940.
Dave
Hi Dave

I have also come to the same concluson as you.

Angela

I have just looked at Marriages for George T H Elsey he married somebody called Smith In Huddersfield on 192 I have found a George Trevor Elsey still living in Huddersfield