Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for a Marriage

On FMP there is details of a marriage at St Vincent’s in 1860 between James Reilly and Mary Hartin but I can’t find it on here. Would like to find who their fathers were and this isn’t shown in the FMP transcription. Can anyone find it on here or offer up any reasons why it would have been omitted?

Re: Searching for a Marriage

The earliest I can pick up here for a John or William (just using popular names) marriage at St Vincent's is 1914.

Not at FamilySearch.org other than the FreeBMD based index.

FreeBMD has the surnames as Harten & Raily (match the GRO index image).

The latin version says Jacobum Reilly married Mariam Hartin. It gives his father as Jacobi and hers as Edvardi.
Dave

Many thanks for your replies. I had seen the BMD one. Two tricky surnames when it comes to variations. Dave, can I ask where you located that? Was it Ancestry? It’s the one place I couldn’t check.

fmp
Dave

Grateful thanks Dave. I really should have found that. I appreciate your help.

Hi Claire,
Have you identified them in the censuses after 1860? My great grandfather x 3 was called James Reilly and born in Ireland. He had my great grandfather x2 Patrick in 1835 and another son James in 1837. I have found James junior up to 1960s census in Lancashire however there the trail goes cold for him. Patrick moved to Sheffield and I wondered if James followed?
Thanks,
Lois.

Hi Lois,
Yes I have them going forward, I believe, but I’m not sure they are your line - so many Reilly’s!
If you want to drop me an email with a bit more info, I’ll check my tree and let you know what I have.
Cavan and Roscommon feature quite a bit in the history of my line.