Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1921 Ernest Walter Ibbotson

This is a big ask..would anyone be able to assist with details of who was living with Ernest Walter Ibbotson b 1882 on the 1921... and what the address was. I Think it should be Stanley Fold Oughtibridge. Kind regards

Re: 1921 Ernest Walter Ibbotson

Hope this is the correct family.

Ernest W Ibbotson 39 yrs Carter Silica Fire Brick Comp
Martha H " 39 years
Violet " 9 years
Walter " 4 years
Edna " 4 years
Harold " 1 year

Address; Church St Oughtibridge

Jenny

Hi Jenny

With what I know it seems correct. Many thanks

Following on with this post.... I know it's a long shot but looking for any further info for Ernest's son Harrold Ibbotson born 1919 Oughtibridge. According to the 1921 & 1939 he was with his family in Oughtibridge, but by 1946 he married a Celia Knowler in Sittingbourne Kent. Birth records then show a Dennis Ibbotson 1953 (Wortley) & Gary P Ibbotson (Sheffield) both with mothers name Knowler. Wondering why he came down to Sittingbourne ? (my Ibbotson family came to Sittingborne and stayed), married and then returned to Oughtibridge. Was it something to do with WW11. As I said it's a long shot but thanks for reading.

Hi David,
Maybe the visit to Sittingbourne was connected with the death of Celia's mother, Esther Knowler (nee Read?) death registration in 1949 June qtr.Sittingbourne district, age 52. ref:BMD
George Knowler appears to have married at least three times after being left widowed, 1877, 1910 and 1915.

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

David, try searching Free BMD marriages 1940 to 1970 for Ibbotson with mother maiden name KNOWLE*
Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I had found the freebmd marriage record. Regards

David, sorry my mistake. I should have said , try searching Free BMDBIRTHS 1940 to 1970 for Ibbotson with mother maiden name KNOWLE*.
Dave