Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: George Wilson bn abt 1842 Bradfield?

Hi Elaine

That`s the correct family Elaine! Robert was one of ten children born to Thomas & Fanny Wilson(nee ibbotson)

Zachariah(b1823)& Ann Wilson(nee Crawshaw) move their family over to the southside of the city to work for John Camm at his brickyard on Meadowhead.

Will

Thanks Will, I had a look at Zachs descendants trying to trace a Male line but found
it dwindling in the last century. However if we find any positive link to Damflask George 1842 the Kansas line would want to know. I would be grateful if you would let me know how you are descended from Z as there are many of you on Ancestry. Best contact is email t.anderson@btinternet thanks
T

Hi Will,

Could you contact off the Forum please as I think we may have Links through Zachariah(1823)

Fingers crossed.

Elaine.

Terry,

Where did George get his money from to be able to buy the Farm?

The 1871 census page for George is a mess.

It states his place of birth as Sheffield/Bradford & finally Bradfield.
with a wife Mary. He is listed as a Licensed Victualler.

I never did follow through with my own Licensed Victuallers...... so there could be more info on that GW.but where.

I was beginning to think that when it was stated that they had relatives in Yorkshire they could have been mistaken and it was just the CRAPPER line.

BUT George does say that in 1877 when he went to the States. Something fishy going on I would like to bet.

Was George Still married to someone else.

Elaine.