Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: missing child

DENT, EMMERSON DENT
GRO Reference: 1872 S Quarter in DARLINGTON UNION Volume 10A Page 5

The baptism is on FMP it was at Middleton St George, Durham. His father was named as Emmerson and his mother Mary.
However in the censuses (81,91) Emmerson (junior) is consistently with his father John and mother Mary.
Dave

There is still a possibility they had a child before marriage with surname Dent?

Thank you folks, I shall check the details for Emmerson Dent later, I shall see if I can find him on the 1901 census.

I take it you found he died in a works accident in the newspaper section, did this mention anything regarding family other then his wife?

I wonder if there is an obituary anywhere and a inquest report

John S

Hi John S,

The probate details naming Mary Ann as the beneficiary are on Family Search website as is the 1901 census for Emerson and also the Find a Grave link.
Ancestry gives a few more details that Emerson was residing at 64 Bedford Street in 1909 and that he left to Mary Ann his widow 570 bps 6s 8d.

I am sorry John, I have been trying to find the record for Emmerson's accident which claimed his life. I was sure it was on Family Search but I have failed to find it again for you. If I stumble across it again I will let you know.

HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy:

Thank you Wendy, I might have to take a gamble and send for the birth certificate to see if this is the missing child but shall have to wait for next pay day!!!!!!!!