Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charlotte Matilda (Ibbotson) Cocker, Burial?

May I ask if Charlotte's son is also available.. George Frederick Cocker died 16 October 1972. I have tried to search via familysearch but cannot seem to work it out. Regards

Hello.

I did find George Frederick Cocker in the cremation register for City Road Cemetery in Sheffield although is cremation was before the death date you have suggested.

On looking at the death index for him it states his death was registered in the 2nd quarter of 1972 which would be April, May or June. So the cremation entry would fit with the death registry.

The cremation record reads:
Cremation number: 626
George Frederick Cocker
Aged: 61
Cremated on 6th June 1972

Regards
Rich

David Ibbotson
May I ask if Charlotte's son is also available.. George Frederick Cocker died 16 October 1972. I have tried to search via familysearch but cannot seem to work it out. Regards
These images at FamilySearch are not indexed and are images the index registers. The find was a result of browsing the set. But first was to find their records for the crematorium (an option I wondered about) and then honing in on the names starting with C, and then for the year and month.

The set is: Index to cremations at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium, Sheffield, 1974-1996
There are two films/sets of images from 3 volumes. One set is:
- names A-T 1974-1981 and;
- the other is T-Z 1974-1981, all 1981 1981-1996.

They have unrestricted access but you have to browse (find it yourself).

For other searches, get started here:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/969052?availability=Family%20History%20Library

There are other records on the 1st film as well:
Items 1 - 9: Burial and graves registers for Woodhouse Cemetery, 1879-1996
Item 10: Register of burials in the burial ground of Revil Lane, Woodhouse, 1875-1949
Hutcliffe Wood is item 11!

The 2nd film also has:
Item 5: Burial and grave registers for Shiregreen Cemetery, Sheffield, 1927-1996

Hi Rich. Sorry I put down his probate date instead of death date which was 31 May 1972. Many thanks.

Hi Terry

Thanks for the explanation on how to find the records.