Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Richard John Condon B Dublin

G'day everyone

I've got a copy of the parish register for the marriage of Richard to Fanny Harrop at St Pauls 8.4.1868.

I've looked through the transcriptions here with various spellings and wild cards and unable to find one for them.

If anyone has a copy of the Banns document or information can you send to my email please? I'm hoping that may provide more information on Richard.

I have an approximate date of birth for Richard being 1846 and several baptism possibilities with different parents so hopefully the marriage details yield something more about him. His occupation was Comedian.

My great grandfather x 3 was Michael Condon 1803-1853 from Ireland, although I know not what part. I am intrigued whether there is a connection between Michael and John, perhaps one day I will work that out.

Please only respond about the marriage so as not to grow a thread with information not required.

cheers
Leisa

Re: Richard John Condon B Dublin

Hi Leisa

I've found the banns on FMP which I'll email to you. Richard's father was called James and his profession was coal factor.

Carol

Thats fantastic Carol

thank you

The marriage record states they were both of full age and residing on Arundel St.

Regards

Terry

Terry Ford
The marriage record states they were both of full age and residing on Arundel St.

Regards

Terry
No edit function, Johns occupation is engine tenter.

Terry

Hi Leisa,

Just to update you. We are currently working on the registers from St Paul's.
Richard & Fanny are certainly there and will eventually be in our database.

Entry 258. 8th April 1868.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Hi Elaine

Can you tell me what term I should put in the search bar when I search for marriages at St Pauls? If I put 'St Paul' under church nothing comes up.

Thanks
Carol

In 1871 he is a comedian living at 23 Paternoster Row b Dublin with wife Fanny and daughter Mary A b 1870.
After that vanished.

Terry

Thank you Elaine as I was wondering what was wrong with my searching.

I've a copy of the parish register but the BANNS have more information.

Thank you for sending copy through
much appreciated

Carol,
Put in *paul* to get 44 answers.
Dave