Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHECKING OF BURIAL RECORD PLEASE

Could someone please check the following burial record (on this site) recorded as EDMUND MARSDEN, DAUGHTER OF AMELIA at City Rd Cemetery on 30th March 1918, aged 11 months. I think this should read EDNA.
Edna & Connie were the twin daughters of Amelia and the late Walter Ernest Marsden all of 17 Exeter Street, and are all buried in the same grave at City Rd. Connie died aged just 24 days.

Many thanks for all your hard work on this wonderful site.
Patricia Curling

Re: CHECKING OF BURIAL RECORD PLEASE

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your very kind comments re the site it's a labour of love for many of our fine volunteers.

I have checked the original burial records for March of 1918 City Road Cemetery.
Unfortunately she is registered in the burial records as Edmund which I can not change. I have checked FreeBMD and Edna is listed there. I will put a note on the burial record on our site for you.

Thanks for letting us know.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Elaine, just out of curiosity who was the vicar the entered the details in the register for Connie who died in 1917 and Edmund (Edna)?

Regarding the Edmund burial is there a person called Edna on the same page and therefore he or she has made another mistake on the page in question..ie is there an Edna ***** whose name should be Edmund?

Hi John,

We are looking at the Burial Register for City Road Cemetery and that seems to be where the error occurred.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Hi John S.
There was another death on BMD for:

EDMUND BUTTERELL Died March qtr. 1918 SHEFFIELD, age 1

There were 6 EDNA's.....(inc. Edna Marsden) died same period in Ecc.Bierlow all age 0

and 2 EDNA'S....in Sheffield. age 0 (same period)

Is it possible that the vicar had recently buried Edmund Butterell...??

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Many thanks for checking Elaine, it is much appreciated. Keep up the brilliant work that you all do. Thank you too, to John S for your enquiring mind.
Best wishes
Patricia Curling

My thanks to you also Wendy. What stars you all are.
Best wishes,
Patricia Curling