Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just for you Elaine

A SHEFFIELD LASS
WITH LOTS OF CLASS
TODAY IS CELEBRATING

HER DAY OF BIRTH
UPON THIS EARTH
LET'S TOAST HER A+ RATING

Thank you Elaine for all the time you so generously devote to the Sheffield Indexers website which brings Joy, Entertainment and Knowledge to so many folks around the World.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELAINE

:sleuth_or_spy:

Re: Just for you Elaine & a year end summery.

To Wendy & Angela and those who sent private Birthday Wishes.... Thank you.

After 23 years of being involved with many of you. First with Eng-Sheffield and then with Sheffield Indexers. Our many attempts at getting started (crashes) it's been a pleasure working with all of you.

Like many of you I love family history and hope to carry on a while longer. We do have to think about the inevitable. I have made my wishes known and they are as follows.

If I can no longer carry on and we can not find someone to take it over as is then the Database would gladly be accepted by FreeReg. They have very little on Sheffield. The last time I looked into how much we have in the database it was nearing the two million entries. Not bad for being told back in 2000 that it would never work.

Terry Ford has been working away photographing the many registers at Sheffield Archives for us. Thank you Terry. I think he has moved a bed in down there. LOL. Denise Lindley our webmaster keeps us all on the straight & narrow. DaveT & Moira keep an eye on the Message Forum and our checkers for all the transcriptions that come in are checked by Libby Wainwright, Carole Freeman Dunn, Jenny Taylor and our new checker Denise Hully.

We will be starting three New Projects within the next week.
St Pauls (Peace Garden) Coordinator Libby
St James (Nr the Cathedral) Coordinator Carole
St Stephen Netherthorpe Coordinator Elaine.

If you have already been helping Libby & Carole with transcribing they will be contacting you to help with their projects. BUT we can always use more. So please contact me at:-

sheffieldindexers21@gmail.com

For those interested yes we have snow but nothing like Buffalo New York and yes some parts of Canada do. Ottawa usually has lots of snow the soft and easy to shovel kind so we are used to it. You learn to live with it. The main roads are cleared overnight with side streets taking longer but we have huge equipment to do it. AND Ottawa is flat, so no Howard Hill to get up with 2cm of snow on it. LOL.
Its minus 2deg cel today.

Well friends I will wish you a kinder New Year in 2023. Keep going with your Family History those brick walls will come down eventually.

Take care

Elaine in Ottawa. (55 years)

Elaine & the team at Sheffield Indexers.

Re: Just for you Elaine & a year end summery.

Happy birthday Elaine! I hope you had a good day.

I would like to add my thanks to everyone who has played a part in setting up Sheffield Indexers and keeping it going, it's helped me a lot with my research.

I'm looking forward to helping with the new projects!

Best wishes for 2023 to you all
Julia x