Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mary, tom James burns cem records

You will find full info about each of those 6 different graves in our BURIAL RECORDS
Dave

Re: thomas Burn/ Catherine Graham and nieces Mary and Bridget Cary

Hi Janice et al,

It is difficult to determine birth dates when census ages fluctuate so much.

There is a possible death for CATHERINE BURNS on this website (burials, over to your left, lots more details). in 1879 age 64 (which puts her birth at 1815)..?? Buried St.Michael's Cem.

On Family Search website there is a possible death for THOMAS BURNS died Oct/1872 age 75 (B:abt. 1897) at Sheffield Union buried at Sheffield General Cemetery.

The above are speculative.

HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy:

Yes i saw them in the burial records for st michael cemetry.What am asking is those buried in lots s are they closely related?

For each of the graves click on Find in Same Grave.
Dave

Hi Janice,

After following DaveT's comment you will see that there are many listed all different surnames. From that I have a feeling that the grave was a public grave site.(Free?) There is only one Burns in there.

I don't know if you have looked at the map of St Michael's.......

At the top of the page where you would have entered your search there is a header MAPS and PHOTOGRAPHS. I can not see a section S. BUT that is not to say there isn't one.

I would suggest you contact the Priest at St Vincent's at Crookes as I believe he covers St Michael's. Many years ago I took photographs of the cemetery and you will see how steep the hillside is which I would have thought would have restricted how many could be buried in any one grave.

** Does anyone know the name of the currents priest at St Vincent's?
Found it. Fr Pat.... Fr Patrick Walsh.
40 Pickmere Rd, Crookes, Sheffield.
Web Site...https://www.stvincentschurch.com/
email...crookes@idnet.com

Elaine.

Hi Elaine,
According to an internet search the current parish priest at St.Vincent's is Fr. Paddy Walsh
email: crookes@idnet.com
hope the link works.
HAPPY HUNTING :sleuth_or_spy:

Hi Wendy,

I was having one of those senior moments. Then the light went on. LOL.

Hope you survive the storm. I am hunkered down fingers crossed the hydro doesn't go off.

I am clearing out my emails, gosh what junk I saved. LOL

Take care.

Elaine.

To specifically answer the 2 questions
Are the people listed in b plot some how closely related?
There is no reason to think they may be. OUR burial records show it is highly unlikely and give full details of everyone in each grave.

r32 and 135 James and mary husband and wife?
If you look again at OUR burial records you will see that at death age 0 James was a little below marriage age

Dave

Hi Dave/Janice,

I believe the "O" relates to the index that was supplied by St Michaels keeper of records many years ago. If I remember correctly it means no information.

Elaine in a very very cold Ottawa. minus 10Deg Cel. and strong winds.Minus 20cel with the wind chill.