Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frederick Herbert Wagelein & George Everitt Wagelein (brothers) - place of marriages?

I can find BMD Index marriage records for them both (Frederick to Beatrice Richards / 2nd quarter 1919 at Sheffield and George to Nellie Myers [nee Caulton] / 3rd quarter 1919 at Sheffield) but I can't identify the respective churches. Can anyone help?

Re: Frederick Herbert Wagelein & George Everitt Wagelein (brothers) - place of marriages?

Andrew
Registry office marriage is a possibility
Dave

Re: Frederick Herbert Wagelein & George Everitt Wagelein (brothers) - place of marriages?

Hi Andrew,

Could also be a Chapel marriage.

I also notice the in 1901 & 1911 they are both at home 5 Balaclava Rd.Sheffield 6. Ecclesall Bierlow Reg District.

Where were they living in 1921?

Think I have found Frederick Herbert in Birmingham
I have been looking at Family Search and I think some of your answers will be found there.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Hi - Thank you for your helpful replies, it's very much appreciated.

To Dave T,
I have considered the possibility of registra officiated marriages - I may well have to purchase the actual certificates to find out!

To Elaine,
The The Frederick Herbert Wagelein living in Birmingham is in fact Frederick's cousin who was also born in Sheffield but two years later in 1895.

I have searched non-conformist records, including Catholic Church records without success.

In 1921, the Frederick I'm researching was married to Beatrice and living in his mother's property at 5 Balaclava Road, Sheffield whereas his brother, George Everitt was now living with his wife, Nellie, at 332 South Road, Sheffield.

Note: Marriage index's show that they had Anglicised their surnames to 'Wagelin' due to the resentment held by the English around that period for anyone with a Germanic name. Frederick Herbert, George Everitt and their brother (my grandfather, Henry Christian Wagelein) all served with the British Army during WW1 but the stigma persisted.