Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Family history

I’ve recently come across grave papers showing my dad as owner but have no idea who is buried in the grave. All I have is a grave number and section. Is there any way I can find out who is in the grave without a name?

Re: Family history

Fionado you know the cemetery?
If you provide the info you have I should be able to find it
Dave

Thank you so much Dave. It’s tinsley park cemetery in Sheffield. Plot number 219 in section TC. Thank you for your reply and help 😊

Fiona, sorry, we do not have Tinsley Park records. I understand the cemetery has a Facebook page and they are very helpful. You should try that
Dave

Thank you so much for your help Dave. I’ll have a look on Facebook 😊

Hello Fiona,

There only appears to be one burial in this grave which is in the Catholic part of the cemetery:

SMITH Fred
buried 24 Jan 1920
age 22 years
address: 43 Roman Ridge Rd E.Brightside
grave: TC219rc

Hugh

Hugh thank you so much! My great grandmothers maiden name was smith so I assume it may be her brother. I’m so grateful to you for your help 😊

Hi Fiona,

To add to Dave & Hughs replies.

Tinsley Cemetery is operated by Sheffield City Council and any question might be answered by Bereavement Services at City Road Cemetery.

I am sure we also have a plan of the cemetery. Burial Records over to the left and the top of the page.

Elaine in Florida.

Thank you Elaine. I did ring city road and the lovely gent there told me to ask on this forum. Because the grave was pre 1950s he would have had to look through various paper records. You have all saved him doing that thank you. Now I have a name I will visit tomorrow and try to find the grave. You have all been so helpful thank you 🙏

Tinsley Park Cemetery records have been transcribed by S&DFHS and are available as a download for a small charge at www.genfair.co.uk

Angela

Thanks Angela. I think I’ve got all the information I need but will keep it in mind. Thank you for your reply.