Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Ibbotson born 1764?

Mary Ibbotson married Benjamin Senior 1785 Bradfield. According to Mary's headstone in St Nicholas Church she died 1832 aged 68 so birth about 1764. Anything on father's name appreciated.

Re: Mary Ibbotson born 1764?

Davide have you tried our baptisms for St Nicholas over to the left.

Elaine.

Hi Elaine. Yes I have with various spellings Ibb* but does not seem to be one around 1764

Mary Ibbotson & Benjamin Senior's marriage record is there, but no father given for Mary.. witnesses are Elizabeth & Joseph Ibbotson?

Hi David,

On this site and also on Family Search, there is a baptism for a Mary IBOTSON at
St Nicholas, Bradfield, 11 May 1764, Fathers name is Henry.

Moira.

How have I missed that!!! Must be getting old. Thanks Moira

Hi

The original record is available on FMP and it gives the family address as Spout House. This property still exists in Bradfield on Spout Lane and is Grade II listed.

Carol

Actually, just seen that Spout Lane is in Stannington and that seems a bit of a journey to Bradfield Church. So, wondering if there were two properties named Spout House.

hi Carol

There does seem to be more than one Spout House. The directories on this site have entries for people living at Spout House in Bradfield, Stannington and Oughtibridge.

Heths

The Spout House referred to here is the one between Onesacre and Wharncliffeside, just off Damsel (Damosel) Lane.
See Bradfield Archives.
Dave

Thanks Heather. Popular name for a house then

The baptism's show a Joseph & Nancy Senior 1815/1813 at Spout House coit...what would coit possibly stand for?

Hi David

I looked at both of the images and there’s no dot above the i. I read it as cort.
Maybe a misspelling of court?

Heths

Hi Heather. That sounds possible. It seems Spout House was more than one property becouse there are a few families at Spout House who were baptised at St Nicholas. Many thanks

Have you got a transcription of the headstone for them? There are lots of people in the grave.

Hello John. I do have photo of Benjamin & Mary's headstone which includes William, Anna & Elizabeth. Are there other names?

No I have just got a transcription which is written on the headstone on a CD which I purchased many years ago.

OK John many thanks