Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Sheffield records on FMP

A heads up - FMP have just put up a new load of Sheffield records. Not parish records, but courts and institutions etc.

Heths

Re: New Sheffield records on FMP

Thanks for the info. Going to investigate now. :)

Thank you for the pointer.

I have found a record of interest in the South Yorkshire Asylum admission register, but can anyone tell me if a copy would contain more information than the transcript which gives name, birth year, age, place, occupation and reference? The person in question died in 1891 so I don't think there would be a problem with closure.

Regards
Judith

Hi

I transcribed these records and there is a lot more information in the admission register. Some also have case files.

Angela

Judith, in the case of my grandmother, who died there in 1917, there were additional papers in her record which survived and were passed to me by Sheffield Archives. It cost me £10 for them to do 30mins work
They were autopsy details. I understand that it was a legal requirement that anyone dying in the asylum would be the subject of an autopsy.
Ofcourse there is no guarantee that extra documents would survive.
Dave

Thank you for all your replies. I'll definitely order a copy of the record and hope I'll get a lot of extra information.

Regards
Judith