Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White's/Kelly's Directories of Sheffield and Rotherham 1901 to 1974

Hi All

I have searched for information regarding White's/Kelly's Directories of Sheffield trying to find which years they might not have been published and therefore do not exist, but information on the internet seems to be a bit sparse.

The information regarding Trade Directories on the Sheffield Local Studies/Sheffield Archives site is a pdf document which lists all the trade directories which they hold at both sites. This is dated 2011.
I contacted the Local Studies library by email in April of this year and was told that the Local Studies Librarian was not aware of any further Trade Directories being added to the collection in recent years.

I have focused on the White's/Kelly's Directories of Sheffield and Rotherham from 1901 to 1974 (I am assuming that this is the last year Kelly's published a Kelly's Directory for Sheffield and Rotherham).

By cross-referencing the trade directories held by the Local Studies Library (which is pretty comprehensive), verifying where possible the edition numbers relating to the directory year; and sequentially assuming the edition number to fill in the gaps; the chart in the link below, shows the years when I believe a directory was not published and therefore does not exist.

Assuming I am correct I hope this helps anyone who is looking to search the directories for people and addresses, or trying to solve personal puzzles for this period.

Link to the chart: https://gofile.io/d/awZet1

Kind regards

Leipzig

Re: White's/Kelly's Directories of Sheffield and Rotherham 1901 to 1974

Leipzig. Your link just takes me to the Go File welcome page. No Chart.
Dave

Hi Dave

The link works at this end. My grandson has succeeded with it also on his own PC.
When I have visited the site again myself if says that there has been 4 downloads of the file. All I can suggest is to copy the url as a text string and paste this into your browser address bar and press enter. Hopefully you will find a download symbol to be able to download the picture of the chart

Sorry if I am telling you something you already know.

Best regards

Leipzig

Hi Leipzig
It worked for me. I use Google Chrome, if that makes a difference.
Helen

Hi Helen

Thanks for confirming the link works. I also use a chromebook, but I think sometimes there may be issues depending on the browser you are using perhaps, but I'm not a tech expert; but thanks again for posting.

Best regards

Leipzig