Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Albert Edward Whitham

I have an Albert Edward Whitham born 1865 living in Eccleshall Bierlow. Parents Phillip Henry and Susanna Whitham. I am trying to trace what happened to him, did he marry? did he die? anything. I can't find anything at all. Help would be appreciated.

Re: Albert Edward Whitham

Hi Margaret,

If you look at out Burials over to the left I believe you will find his burial at St Mary's Walkley.

Elaine in Ottawa

Hi

I can find quite a few records for an Alfred Edward Whitham, in Ecclesall Bierlow and born 1865, but he is the son of Edwin and Charlotte not Philip and Susanna.

Carol

According to GRO Index the only Albert Edward Whitham birth registered in England and Wales in 1865 +-2 was in Sheffield 1865, mmn PARVIN.
EDWIN Whitham married Charlotte Ann Parvin in Sheffield 1853.
Dave

Hi Margaret et al,
I think Carol is on the right track.
The GRO is for ALBERT EDWARD WHITHAM B:1865, Dec.qtr, Sheffield, mmn PARVIN.

CHARLOTTE ANN PARVIN married EDWIN WHITHAM in 1853 at Rotherham District (both living in Masbro).

(I have not found any Albert Edward born to Philip Henry Whitham and Susanna Dixon).

There is a possible marriage for ALBERT EDWARD WHITHAM (B:1865) to SARAH FRANCES GASCOIGNE in 1892 at Sheffield.
A possible two children (maybe more..??):
FRANK (B:1895) & FLORRIE (B:1897)

FLORRIE married in 1920 to ARTHUR WILLIAM ROE and gives her father's name as Albert Edward Whitham deceased, Telegraphist.

Both Sarah and Albert are still living together on the 1911 census(Family Search website). his death was in 1918 as already stated by others.

Nearly all the above records can be found on this excellent website (ever to your left)
HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

This may help, Albert Edward Whitham
Principal
England, Yorkshire, Parish Registers, 1538-2016

Marriage 25 December 1892
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Birth 1865

Parents Edwin Whitham
Spouses Sarah Frances Gascone

And this, Name Albert Edward Whitham
Age 52
Residence Place 122 Holme Lane West R Asylum Wakefield
Death or Burial Date 6626
Death or Burial Place Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Death or Burial Place (Original) Sheffield, Walkley, Yorkshire (West Riding), England
Death Date 1918
Birth Date 1866

According to FMP Albert was admitted to Ecclesall Bierlow Workhouse in 1914. Presumably from there to South Yorkshire Asylum at Wadsley. In 1915 all patients at SYA were transferred to other asylums so SYA could become a war hospital. This would explain why he died in Wakefield Asylum in 1918, before SYA reverted to an asylum and took back its patients. Presumably Holme Lane was his 1914 address.
Dave