Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Swedish births

Hi
Just wondered if anyone had any dealings with Sweden relatives ..On the 1911 census
I have a John Sanders and wife Gwenilian living in Penarth Wales he states that he was born in 1871 Sweden I looked for his marriage and found him marring a widow Gwenilian Brun hrr husband Fred had died in 1903 and she married John in Dec qtr 1904 both men were joiners and cabinet makers so guess they were pals or cousins maybe both were born in Sweden
I looked for any immigrants arriving and found a JOHN SANDERS COMING FROM NEW YORK ON THE SHIP CALLED NEW YORK IN 1900. MAYBE THATS HIM
So maybe he left Sweden with or without his parents and went to USA then in 1900 he decided to come to ENGLAND ( ALL THEORY ) SO ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK IN SEARCHING SWEDISH RECORDS OR KNOW OF A WAY TO SEARCH THEM. iT WOULD BE A BIG HELP
Thank you

Alan

Re: Swedish births

Hi Alan

There are some Swedish records on Familysearch (free to use), so don't know if you've tried that? And they have a guide on searching Swedish records, along with where else you'll find records.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/

Denise

Thank you Denise have tried some of them 40 pages long takes time and stil unsure about having a middle name on English records found no middle name so working to same principal
Thanks for your interest
regards Alan

Today I found the marriage cert on Ancestry John states father's name as OLLAF Sanders
looking at USA immigration I found one about right age born 1853 in Sweden occupation carpenter
Thank you for looking at my post
Regards Alan

alan
FMP has a Probate record for Oliff Sanders in 1886 (died 1885)
Dave

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/results?sourcecategory=life+events+%28bmds%29&collection=civil+deaths+%26+burials&sid=102&firstname=oliff&lastname=sanders&keywordsplace_proximity=5&sourcecountry=great+britain

Thanks Dave not sure right guy but could be they travelled well those Swedes
regards Alan