Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Transcription check

I happened to look up William Stanyer in the burials section, he died in 1885 and is buried in Burngreave grave n° 60, Section E1.

There is a Polly Stamper, Daughter of William Stamper, aged 7 months in the same grave.

I wondered if she could actually be Polly Stanyer, daughter of William and Mary Ann Stanyer (née Howe) birth registered Q4 1880 death registered Q2 1881?

Cheers,

Andrew P.

Re: Transcription check

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out.

Thanks Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype/Messenger

Hello Andrew
I have sent an image of the relevant page from the Burial Register to Elaine. It does look like Stamper at first sight.
Christine. Friends of Burngreave Cemetery

Checked and changed but giving it the benefit of my doubt that it does say Stanyer. This way it will pull all the people in that grave up on a search.

Any other reported errors would be found in the NOTES.

Elaine.

Impressively fast action by Christine and Elaine!

I'm feeling guilty about mentioning it now, because it turned out to be complicated.

If it helps at all, there's a little girl 4 months old called Polly Stanyer at 101 Spital Street in the 1881 census (parents Mary Ann and William, an engine tenter).

Cheers,

Andrew P.

Hi Andrew,

Never never feel guilty about bringing up anything like that. As a transcriber you know how difficult it is to be 100% sure that what is there is actually correct.

Take Care.

Elaine.