Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frank Dillon

Hello

Could someone check a death on here for me. I am looking for information on Francis Dillon known as Frank. He was born about 1874 in Aldershot and was living in Sheffield in 1881. FMP have a death for a Frank Dillon in 1886 aged 15 at St Vincents, which was the church they attended, although this would have him born about 1871 There is a death recorded on here in 1886 but gives the age as 0 buried at St Michaels. Is the age correct and is there any further information recorded, parents details etc.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Frank Dillon

Hi Helen, I think that he was born 3rd Q 1872 registered in Farnham Surrey Mother Hotton which may have been misheard for Houghton. Alson with birth being shown on census as Aldershot could mean his father was a soldier there.

hello Helen,

The St Michael's burial registers often don't list ages and in the databases on this site they default to '0'. The GRO death index lists his age as 15.

Hugh

Thank you both that's useful information. His father was a soldier and I have all his details. I didn't know about the default age so that make sense now. I think this must be him as I can't find him on the 1891 census.