Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grave numbers in Stradbroke Cemetery

Hello

I'm trying to find the location of a grave in Section ABC, no 101 for Charles, Bertha and John Hessey.

Is there a register available that shows the locations of individual plots?
Is there data available on which graves are purchased, common, pauper etc?

Many thanks

Carol

Re: Grave numbers in Stradbroke Cemetery

Hello Carol, I've got the cemetery plans for Woodhouse (not Stradbroke) and there is no 101 but obviously my plans will be dated. You should contact the bereavement services on City Rd.

Regards

Terry

Hi Carol,

Could you let me know where the ABC section is after you contact bereavement services please.

Have you looked at the map we have on line? The nearest section are three separate ones. A1,B1.C1.

Thanks Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Carole this is what we have from our database.

HESSEY, Bertha Lilly (Widow, age 68).
Died at 118 Sheffield Rd Woodhouse; Buried on June 29, 1936 in Unconsecrated ground;
Grave Number 101, Section ABC of Woodhouse Stradbroke Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

If you can let me know where the ABC section is I would appreciate it.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi Elaine

It appears the ABC reference relates to the three plots A, B and C. I have another grave there, George Brickley in Section ABC, no 863 and that is in what I think is Section C. I made an assumption that Charles and Bertha Hessey, you refer to, would be at the other end, i.e Section A but could find no marker and had no way of working out where it was, hence my query. It's very confusing! I'll contact Bereavement Services and let you know the outcome.

Many thanks

Carol

looking at the map on the database scetion A B C seem to below section A1 to C1.

It is very confusing because all the rows are split over the three sections for exapmple if the row has 15 plots 1 to 5 is section A 6 to 10 is section B and 11 to 15 is Section C 16 to 20 goes back to section A.

I have the plot maps but cant send them to anyone due to copywright laws I signed with Sheffield Archives.

John

John, clearly you have a more detailed plan than the one we have on this site. I do not want to compromise your copyright issue but would like to make a decision about the accuracy of our plan, as far as it goes. I have therefore carefully worded the couple of questions below accordingly.
1. In so far as it goes, is our plan accurate in all details.
2. In our burials list for this cemetery we have about 70 graves in Section R. But on our map there is no section R marked. Does yours have a Section R please?
3. Our list of graves has none in sections G1,H1,N1 and O1. Does your plan have graves in those sections?
Dave

Email sent dave

Hello Dave
I have a set of plot maps for Woodhouse/Stradbroke Rd one of which has section R. I tried to email you but Virgin Media refused to do it?
Christine

Strange, have you tried replying to my message?
Dave

Dave, did mine arrive?

John, yes thank you.
Dave