Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grave marker

Hello

My eldest paternal uncle, Leslie Brickley, died at 3 months in 1912. His record shows Grave 358, Section ABC in Woodhouse Cemetery. However I can't find any visible marker. Is this usual? Have markers been removed? If this is the case and I'm looking in the correct area can anyone tell me how I find out the precise grave location?

Many thanks for your help,

Carol

Re: Grave marker

Carol, you need to find nearby headstones which will allow you to find numbered plots using our burials listings over to the left. That way you should be able to home in on evan an unmarked grave.
Dave

Carol, if you have a map of Woodhouse Cemetery plot 358 is in the area above Section N and below Section B1.

If you can get your bearings walk along main path with section B1 on your left and the section you need on your right.

Count 7 plots, remember not all plots have headstones but there are only 8 plots on the row. If this plot has a headstone and is numbered it is 873.

Counting this plot walk down 15 plots and 358 is between nos 381 and 311.

I hope this helps

John

Thanks Dave, that's really helpful. I think I just got bamboozled by the unmarked plots!

Thanks John, this is really helpful. I'm going again this weekend so have printed your instructions so I can find him.

Thanks again.