Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James Myers born 1946

I think an ancestor of mine-Beatrice nee Parker born 15th January 1920 married a James Myers in Sheffield in 1944 and had a son James in 1946
Does anyone know if I am right and if Beatrice and James had any other children please
Thank you

Re: James Myers born 1946

Hi Andrea

Have you tried FreeBMD - where you'll be able to confirm the marriage, the birth of James and search for any other children?

Denise

Hello-I am not the best with computers, I looked at BMD and could only find James-which doesn't mean he's the only one, just the only one I found

Andrea. From Free BMD here is only one child to Myers MMN Parker in Sheffield in the right time period. There are others in other parts of the country but they are clearly due to different Myers-Parker marriages in those same areas.
2 possibilities
1 They emigrated from England and Wales. In that case they may or may not have had more children abroad.
2. James was their only child

I already identified a potential death for Beatrice Myers in Birkenhead in 1998.
Note that a James Myers married in Birkenhead in 1966 and there is no corresponding birth in Birkenhead for a James Myers in the right time frame.. The certificate for that marriage would show his fathers name and occupation.
Dave

The date of birth listed in the GRO index for the death in Birkenhead does not match the dob given here (which is the date in the 1939 register).

I believe I have found the 1939 entry for James MYERS and, from that, his death in Sheffield in 2005.

A search at 192.com finds two references to a household in Sheffield with both a James and a Beatrice c2003-5 (in S13)

So Beatrice may have died at a date for which GRO deaths are not yet on-line (Ancestry.co.uk deaths go up to 2007.

Or, conceivably, she could be still alive (at 102)

Hugh

Hugh, thanks for correcting my speculation
The Amazingly the GROIndex gives deaths up to and including 2020. And there is no death for a Beatrice Myers in Sheffield up to then.
Dave

Thank you for your help-I seem fated not to find some "new" realatives

Thank you for your help-I seem fated not to find some "new" relatives