Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parker's

My Grandmother was Beatrice nee Parker-born 1888 in Sheffield-her parents were Thomas Parker and Mary A. nee Skinner.
Thomas Parker born 1864 (Sheffield) had a brother Walter born 1871 who married Annie nee Johnson and had a son Harry born 5101894 who in 1911 was living with Thomas on Weigh Lane and in 1939 was with Kenneth W Parker born 1923, on Normandale Road-also there was Harry's wife Ethel M nee Guy (married in 1922)
I can't find Harry on the 1921 census-any ideas please?
On the 1921 census I have Thomas and his wife Jessie Parker with their son Thomas aged 13, daughter Jessie aged 3 and daughter Beatrice aged 1 at 52, Bard Street-any information on the family would be lovely
Thank you

Re: Parker's

Andrea
On 1921 census there is a Harry Parker in Sheffield and born Sheffield age 26 (b 1895) who is a labourer. Could that be him?
Dave

Harry Parker was a carter in 1911 but worked as a Loco Tube Sweeper on the railway in 1939-I don't think you can look at the 1921 census without paying though
Thanks for looking

It looks like that is him. His employer was something to do with "loco".
He was a boarder with an Ellis family (Mary Ellen 1880, Wilfred Thomas 1904, Hilda Mary 1907, Lucy 1909 and Elsie 1912).
Dave

Amazing-thank you-my neighbour may be able to access this for me-hope I get to find Jessie and Beatrice

Andrea, Jessie and Beatrice are with their parents at 922 City Road in the 1939 Register. It also gives Beatrice subsequent marriage name, From there using Free BMD you can find the marriage and subsequent child(ren).
Dave

Edit has gone again.

Look over to the left here in Burials and you will find the grave containing Beatrice's parents Thomas and Jessie.
Dave

You are being so kind helping like this-Thank you so much.
I had the burial record so knew Cyril had died
A third cousin says she will send me the 1939 census so I hope to find relatives I never knew about

Hi Andrea,

Sheffield Independent,15 December 1933.
DEATHS
PARKER...On 13 December at 54 Bard Street, Park, Mary Ann Parker, aged 63.
Residence 46 Weigh Lane, widow of the late Thomas Parker, formerley of
Fitzalan Market and recently at Castle Hill Market.
Interment, Monday 18 December, 12.45 at City Road Cemetery.

I well remember the 'Parker' tripe stall in the Castle Market.
It was next to the one originally ran by my grandparents and eventually
ran by my mother.

Moira.

It looks like Jessie Parker b 1918 died a spinster in 1998 in Rotherham.
A Beatrice Myers b 1921 died in Birkenhead in 1998. I wonder if this was Beatrice Parker b 1920 who married James Myers in Sheffield 1944. A James Myers died Birkenhead in 1996 so may have been her husband.
Dave

Hello
Thank you so much for replying-how lovely you remember the stall
I remember going once and the lady looked very pink and scrubbed in a whit coat
I have so few relatives I would love to find if I have anyone from Jessie or Beatrice Myers nee Parker

Again-thank you-the 1939 census does show addition by Beatrice's name of Myers-I will look at free BMD to see if I can find children
We have such a small family it seems if Jessie never married, Beatrice is my hope

Did you know my grandfather and grandmother-John and Beatrice Shemeld ?